The Priestly Fraternity of the Dowry of Mary is a grouping of Independent Catholic Priests in the United Kingdom bound together in charity. Our members are not required to take a vow of celibacy, nor is being a cleric their full-time occupation. Some of our members are married, and others are single.
We support the spiritual life of all our brothers and sisters in Christ including those who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or trans: we do not limit access to the Sacraments of the Church as we believe that that is incompatible with our mission of taking the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all who are open to the idea of a God of Love sitting on a Throne of Grace.
As members of the Priestly Fraternity of the Dowry of Mary:
- We are trustworthy, honest, and loyal.
- We are friendly and considerate.
- We are brothers to all.
- We stand up for our Faith and for what is right in all circumstances.
- We give place to our work, our sleep, and our recreation in our daily life.
- We respect ourselves and all others.
The Fraternity is governed by its Constitution which was adopted and passed by General Chapter on Sunday 21 October, 2012, and subsequently amended by General Chapter on Tuesday 22 January, 2013.